Dogs for Adoption
HVARS Dog Adoption Fees:
Cash: $350 Credit: $350 plus processing fees
The adoption fee includes all of the following services:
- Heartworm test for dogs over 6 months
- Frontline/Heartworm preventitive
HVARS Adoption Application:
ALL those interested in adopting from HVARS must complete and submit an adoption application; all applications MUST be approved. After your application has been processed and approved an appointment will be set up for you to meet the animals that may be a great match for your family.
(Please find HVARS Adoption Application & Agreement under the Applications link under Adoptions on the sidebar.)
When applying for a dog, please keep in mind that we accept many applications and applying for a specific dog does NOT mean you are guaranteed to get that dog; If the dog you initially were interested in is no longer available, HVARS will help find a pet that best matches your family!
How to Find HVARS Adoptable Dogs:
Though we do our best, we are not always able to keep our webpage up-to-the-minute with newly arriving puppies; But if you are looking for a puppy or an adult dog of any age – the best thing to do is to:
- Check out our adoptable animals on this page.
- Check our Facebook page often (@Hudson Valley Animal Rescue and Sanctuary)
- You can visit us and view our available adoptable animals at Petco in Poughkeespie (1933 South Road /Rte. 9, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601)- (845) 298-4380 – on most Saturdays from 11am til 4pm. (Please call HVARS or Petco Poughkeepsie in advance to confirm.)
- Visit Adopt-a-Pet and Petfinder websites.
- On petfinder.com: (Click on this link or)… go to petfinder.com, and locate the “find a pet to adopt” tab, use HVARS zip code 12603 to search, or under the “Shelters & Rescues” tab type in Hudson Valley Animal Rescue and Sanctuary to search and select HVARS from the list of organizations.)
- On adoptapet.com: (Click on this link or)… go to adoptapet.com and click on “find a pet” and select “find a shelter/rescue”; type in Hudson Valley Animal Rescue and search.
You can also call us at 845-392-4849, and leave a message if we are unable to answer.